- Volunteer opportunity where you can utilise your expertise and industry skills
- A way to give back and inspire direction for community leadership
- Various Board Member positions available
Do you have a passion to empower people and help shape the future of their community? Do you have skills to contribute to a dynamic and evolving Not-for-Profit leadership organisation?
AVCL has vacancies for Board members to serve on its nine-member volunteer Board. AVCL refreshes part of its Board annually, with new members appointed at its Annual General Meeting in October. Each Board Member is generally appointed for a term of 3 years.
About the role:
- Work in collaboration with and actively participate in Board meetings and AVCL events.
- Create connections with the local community and AVCL program participants.
- Utilise your expertise to strengthen board governance.
- Engage and serve on a Board sub-committee to contribute to the strategic direction of AVCL through participation in policy development and strategic
Skills we are looking for:
- Capability in any of the following: government systems; business development; finance and risk; legal; fundraising, marketing and communications, human resources; entrepreneurship; philanthropy and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to engage and initiate relationships with key stakeholders, potential corporate and philanthropic
- Demonstrated ability to lead with high emotional intelligence and exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
- Awareness of potential challenges, and broader political, organisational and demographic landscape influences on organisational outcomes.
Time commitment: Preparation for and attendance at monthly meetings that are held on the third Tuesday of every month after business hours, either via Zoom, or quarterly face to face in Wangaratta or Wodonga.
Applicants are requested to provide a written application outlining:
- Why you wish to join the AVCL Board
- Your community involvement, experience and obligations
- What you can contribute to the AVCL Board
- Please attach a copy of your resume.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 19 July 2023
Submit applications to: email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone to undertake an interview in early September.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact AVCL Board Member, Pip O’Donnell, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0402 253 399