Wangaratta LGBTQIA+ Leadership Program
This program has now been delivered.
Driven by a desire to broaden the capacity of our local LGBTQIA+ community, in 2019 Alpine Valleys Community Leadership was successful in securing funding via Pitch Up Wangaratta (sponsored by The Funding Network, in conjunction with the Into Our Hands Foundation) for the purpose of providing an enhanced leadership training program for the LGBTQIA+ community in the Wangaratta region.
An initial program was delivered by AVCL in March 2021, with a focus on leadership fundamentals to support the development of emerging leaders within the LGBTQIA+ community in the Wangaratta region.
AVCL is proud to partner with LINE Wangaratta for the delivery of a second program, in July 2022, with a focus on building the leadership skills and capacity of members and allies of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We are seeking participants from Wangaratta and surrounds who identify, represent or support the LGBTQIA+ community. The aim is to bring together a cohort of diverse individuals who represent a range of ages, backgrounds, and leadership experiences. You don’t have to be part of an established group or service agency to participate in this program, the program is intended to support individuals across all areas of our LGBTQIA+ community, including allies and advocates.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have further developed community leadership capacity
- Considered the concepts of Community Leadership, Community Development and Personal Leadership, and how these intersect to generate lasting outcomes
- Developed a network with others in the room
- Heard from high profile leaders in the LGBTQIA+ community
- Learned about community leadership in action form local leaders
- Considered a plan for action to take your own learning to action
There are up to 25 program places available, participants must be over 18 years of age.
Further information: Suz Christison, Program Manager
M: 0437 827 548 E: email@example.com
Full program details will be provided on acceptance of a program place.