In response to industry, government or community demand, Alpine Valleys designs and delivers a range of short courses that are available to all community members. Our short courses focus on developing the capacity of community members to lead in their community, and for some provide a pathway into our Annual Program.
Alpine Valleys Community Leadership provides a range of training in the areas of:
- Leadership skills training
- Governance training for Boards and Committees
- Team building
- Community Development and Engagement
- Facilitation skills training
We are keen to partner with like minded organisations to bring innovative new courses to the region, or we can provide in-house tailored training within organisations.
Drawing on our pool of experienced and talented presenters and facilitators, we have the ability to design and deliver courses from one day in length, through to three or six-month courses.
Examples of programs that we have recently delivered include:
- Victoria’s first Community Leadership Program for LGBTIQ+ community members- (Ovens Murray LGBTIQ+ Leadership Program) – 4 days
- City of Melton Community Leadership Program- 5 days
- Strengthening Your Voice– Rural City of Wangaratta Community Leadership Program- 4 days
- Community Landcare and Agriculture Leadership Program- 7 days
- Governance Foundations for Not for Profit Directors (in partnership with the Australian Institute of Company Directors) – 1.5 days
- Governance training for DELWP Committee of Management members – half day and 1.5-day training
- In-house governance training for Community Boards and Committees of Management- one day
Visit our page on Eventbrite to see the current leadership training opportunities available to all community members NOW.