Are you prepared to stand with your community in times of need? When disaster strikes and as our climate changes, we need people who can step up. You are invited to join some of the best climate modellers to understand the changes expected in the weather patterns of NE Victoria and what these changes might mean for your community, agricultural business and environment. Learn what other communities in the NE are doing to support disaster recovery and climate change adaptation. Be part of a network that will lead change towards 2050.
This program will be delivered by Alpine Valleys Community Leadership (AVCL). It is supported by North East Catchment Management Authority (NECMA) through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program and Victorian Government, The Gardiner Dairy Foundation and Central Hume PCP.
AVCL will lead the program, facilitating a range of sessions that will be delivered by subject matter experts and climate change adaption leaders. The program will be a total of 8 days, delivered over a seven month duration, commencing in June 2021 (see intended dates below.) The focus is to develop leadership skills and strengthen capacity to work with rural communities in leading change, particularly as it relates to disaster recovery and climate change.
Key areas of learning will include:
- Learn key leadership fundamentals for building regional relationships.
- Understand climate information and how to have meaningful conversations about climate change.
- Learn about climate change impacts on your community, agricultural business and environment.
- Gain knowledge regarding the importance of resilience, health and wellbeing in our communities.
- Learn what other communities in the North East and border regions are doing to support disaster recovery and climate change adaptation.
- Develop your leadership skills and consolidate your understanding of community leadership in action.
Delivered across various locations in NE Vic, the intended dates for the program are:
- 18 & 19 June (overnight opening retreat)
- 30 July
- 27 August
- 17 September
- 22 October
- 19 & 20 November (overnight closing retreat)
- Program days will be full days (9am – 5pm).
- Participants must be aged 18 and over.
- Through the funding secured, the cost to each participant is $100.
- Catering will be provided, please specify your dietary requirements in the application form.
- Applications close 21 May.
PDF Application Form: PDF Disaster Recovery & Climate Change Leadership Program 2021 – Application
WORD Application Form: WORD Disaster Recovery & Climate Change Leadership Program 2021 – Application
Please email your completed application to Jacqui Bramwell via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 21 May, 2021. If you have any questions or require assistance, please also contact Jacqui via email@example.com or 0417 348 547.