The Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program has been providing leadership development opportunities for North East and Border communities since 1999, with an Alumni base of over 450 graduates of the Annual Program. Thank you for applying to participate in our 2023 Program.
- Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 11 September 2022.
- Complete the online web application form.
- Alternately, download the word application form or editable pdf application form and email your completed application to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel and applicants will be required to attend an interview
- Interviews will take place in October
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome in late November
- Successful applicants will be required to attend the compulsory Program Launch in early February, and Opening Retreat, scheduled for Friday 10 and Saturday 11 February 2023.
Instructions and Advice for Applicants
- The selection panel uses the criteria detailed in this application. Please read and answer these questions carefully.
- Complete each section in full.
- Type or print all answers clearly.
- Limit answers to available space.
- One letter of recommendation will be accepted. No other attachments will be considered.
- Where applicable, applications must be signed by both the Applicant and their Sponsor.
- Applicants must have full support of the organisation they represent. Individuals may nominate themselves.
- All nominations are subject to confidential evaluation.
- Attendance at the Opening, Mid-Year, Closing Retreats and Graduation is mandatory. Participants must meet the minimum participation requirements to graduate from the Program.
- For each Program intake, a diverse mix of multicultural, indigenous, ethnic and religious, gender, location, private/public, and profit/non-profit sector participants are sought. The Program is committed to selecting candidates that represent communities from across the entire region.
- Given the time commitments required to complete AVCLP, and to be fair to the individual, their employer and their families, it is unlikely that the panel will select an applicant who is also enrolled in other tertiary studies.
- Offers in the program will be made in late November. Program fees are to be paid in January, prior to commencement of the program, unless other arrangements are made at interview.
NOTE: AVCLP is a highly regarded program and places are highly sought after. Some suitable candidates may not be chosen for this year’s Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program because of the size restrictions of each year’s group and the need for diversity in group composition. Therefore, individuals not selected are strongly encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Program Manager, Suz Christison, on 0437 827 548, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org