Alpine Valleys Community Leadership in partnership with the Australian Institute of Company Directors present:
Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors
Dates (Please note: this training is conducted over 1.5 days):
Friday 25 March 2022: Registrations from 5:00 pm for a 5:30 pm start – 9:30pm finish AND
Saturday 26 March 2022: 8:30 am for a 9:00 am start – 5:30 pm finish
Venue: Wang Central offices, 15-17 Ely St Wangaratta
Investment: $1,364 per person (includes course fee $1,149 plus GST; admin fee $100)
Friday 17 December 2021
Ph: 0417 348 547
Note: Minimum numbers required to run the course
Duties and Responsibilities of the Not-for-Profit Director
- Gain an understanding of the role of the not-for-profit director in governing the organisation and how this differs to the for-profit sector.
- Understand the potential liability of directors and committee members.
- Appreciate the balance between the compliance and performance roles of the board.
Strategy and Risk for the Not-for-Profit Director
- Appreciate the director’s role in setting and overseeing strategy whilst monitoring risk.
- Identify the link between strategy and risk management, risk culture and effective leadership.
- Enhance organisational performance through effective contribution to strategy formulation.
- Understand personal risk appetite and how this affects board decisions.
Finance for the Not-for-Profit Director
- Learn to interpret the major elements of the financial statements and the linkages between them to evaluate the financial performance of the organisation.
- Explore how to apply and interpret financial ratios applicable to not-for-profit organisations.