GROW Volunteer Resilience and Capacity Program
EOIs are now closed for volunteer groups within Alpine Shire & Rural City of Wangaratta.
EOIs for Indigo and Mansfield Shires will open in late 2023.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the GROW Volunteer Resilience and Capacity Program, made possible by the financial support of Emergency Recovery Victoria (ERV) and Foundation for Rural & Regional Recovery (FRRR), delivered by Into Our Hands Community Foundation in partnership with Alpine Valleys Community Leadership.
The program will run over two years, and is aimed at volunteer run groups and critical service clubs located in the fire affected LGAs of Rural City of Wangaratta, Alpine, Indigo and Mansfield Shires. In 2023 the program is supporting volunteer groups within the LGAs of Alpine Shire and Rural City of Wangaratta, with EOIs now open.
The goal of the program is to provide groups with advice and support that builds resilient, strong, and adaptive organisations who are able to sustain their operations and contribute to community recovery efforts.
The program is available to directly support up to 15 community groups in each LGA, with free training and support in areas such as organisational governance and strategic planning, volunteer engagement, grant writing, and project management.
The program will be delivered to Alpine Shire and Rural City of Wangaratta volunteer groups from June – November 2023, and participating groups can expect:
One on one sessions with the GROW Resource Officer:
- Up to 6 hours over the 6-month program period. These sessions will focus on how your group can attract and retain a strong membership base, developing a vision for what your group wants to achieve in the next 3 years, and creating a plan to achieve your vision.
Access to five online and interactive skills sessions, each running from 6pm – 8pm:
- Vision and Purpose – Wednesday 12 July
- Digital 101 for Community Groups – Wednesday 16 August
- Attracting and Retaining Volunteers – Wednesday 13 September
- Governance and Compliance – Wednesday 11 October
- Grant Writing – *Wednesday 1 November
Through the funding provided, this program is at no cost to participating groups.
Any questions or queries can be directed to Jacqui Bramwell, Executive Officer, Alpine Valley Community Leadership 0417 348 547 / email@example.com