DELWP Climate Adaptation Community Leadership Retreat 2022
This program has now been delivered.
The Climate Adaptation Community Leadership Retreat will be delivered by Alpine Valleys Community Leadership (AVCL). It is supported by funding by Climate Ready Hume provided by Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
AVCL will deliver a two day retreat on climate change adaptation, informed by the Hume Regional Climate Change Adaptation Strategy (RAS) to support participants of the Climate Ready Hume program to grow their knowledge and awareness of climate change adaptation, regional adaptation priorities, and their capacity to engage and support implementation of the RAS.
Key areas of learning will include:
- Leadership skills workshops in emotional intelligence for leaders, leading climate change adaptation conversations, building teams
- De-mystifying all things climate change adaptation, including examples of climate adaptation projects, guest speakers and learning from the leaders.
- Workshop exercises for small groups to focus on each theme of the RAS, sharing and exploring what participants could do to bring the RAS to life in their field or organisation.
- Hear from climate change science communicator, Graeme Anderson, and learn about official climate change weather predictions for NE Vic and what to expect.
- Building a peer network of climate change adaptation practitioners across the region.
- Dates: Friday 9th and Saturday 10th September, 2022
- Venue: The Old Priory, Beechworth
- Cost: $50 participant contribution
- Participants are actively members or leaders (of community groups) delivering climate change adaptation projects in Hume region
- Participants must be aged 18 and over
- The retreat will be 2 full days, with accommodation provided overnight at The Old Priory
Information or enquiries
Contact Suz Christison
M: 0437 827 548