The Alpine Valleys Community Leadership Program has been providing leadership development opportunities for North East and Border communities since 1998, and there are currently over 392 graduates of the Annual Program. Thank you for expressing an interest in our 2018-2019 Program.
- Applications close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 12th of June 2018
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel and short listed applicants will be required to attend an interview
- Interviews will take place from mid-June to early July 2018
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday day the 29th June 2018
- Successful applicants will be required to attend the compulsory Opening Retreat for the 2018-2019 Program, scheduled for Friday July 27th and Saturday July 28th 2018.
Instructions and Advice for Applicants -Please read carefully-
- The selection panel uses the criteria detailed in this application. Please read, and answer these questions carefully.
- Complete each section in full.
- Type or print all answers clearly.
- Limit answers to available space.
- One letter of recommendation will be accepted. No other attachments will be considered.
- Where applicable, applications must be signed by both the Applicant and their sponsor.
- Applicants must have full support of the organisation they represent. Individuals may nominate themselves.
- All nominations are subject to confidential evaluation.
- Attendance at the Opening, Mid-Year, Closing Retreats and Graduation is mandatory. Participants must meet the minimum attendance requirement of 80% to graduate from the Program.
- For each Program intake a diverse mix of gender, location, private/public, and profit/non-profit sector participants are sought. The Program is committed to selecting candidates that represent communities from across the entire region.
- Given the time commitments required to complete AVCLP, and to be fair to the individual, their employer and their families, it is unlikely that the panel will select an applicant who is also enrolled in other tertiary studies.
- Offers in the program will be made by early July. Program fees are to be paid before the second program day unless other arrangements are made at interview.